Free Sample of a Cosmetologist Resume Below. Copy or Download to MS Word/Word Pad.
Cosmetologist Resume Tips
- Remember, a well-written cosmetology resume is your introduction to the hiring manager and the company.
- Cosmetology is an artistic industry; it involves constant interaction with the public, your cosmetologist resume must showcase both your creativity and your professionalism.
- Companies are looking for cosmetologists who can provide customers a high level of satisfaction while maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance all the time.
- Your cosmetologist resume must reflect your ability to balance the above objectives.
- At a minimum, your cosmetologist resume should include: Number of years of experience; Specific cosmetology training and experience (manicure/pedicure/facial/spa/hair cut/color treatments); Education/training received
Common Cosmetologist Skills
Try emphasizing these skills on your cosmetology resume:
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Knowledge of hair care products and techniques
- Communication skills
- Technology skills (specific computer/software/technology/specialized equipment)
- Attention to detail
Emphasizing Education and Experience
- Your cosmetology resume should also include information about your education and work experience.
- List the place where you received your formal training and information about your cosmetology certification. You should also include other relevant education such as a high school diploma, trade school certification, or college degree.
- List other relevant experience such as that obtained during their education or on a volunteer basis.
- List your previous employers in reverse chronological format, emphasizing the specific skills obtained in each position.
777 E. 34th Street Brooklyn, NY 11223 Phone: 444.333.2222 Email: Jocelyn@mail.comObjective:
To obtain a challenging position as a professional cosmetologist in an environment where I can utilize my training and expertise.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
- More than five years’ experience as a professional cosmetologist
- Strong ability to give meticulous manicure, pedicure, and hand/foot treatments
- Cross-trained, certified, and licensed to provide multiple services available within a unisex salon operation such as, make-up applications, facial, skincare, and waxing services
- Ability and experience in preparing nail care equipment, sanitizing instruments, treatment areas and daily supplies
- Experience completing tasks necessary for opening and closing shifts
- Experience providing proper consultation to customers in order to ensure the proper treatment services are offered
- Experience working a variety of day, night, and weekend shifts
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to be stand for long periods of time
- Excellent human relations and customer service skills
- Experience managing a front desk and utilizing a computerized customer check in and tracking system
- Knowledge and experience with supply purchasing procedures
- Knowledge of instructional methods, techniques, principles, theories, and practices of cosmetology
- Experience operating specialized equipment
- Experience arranging, coordinating, and scheduling customers’ appointments
- Commitment to use a safe and clean work environment according to State Licensing standards
- Experience maintaining inventory and tracking receipts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Uptown Hair Salon, Brooklyn, New York May 2000 – Present
- Schedule and coordinate appointments
- Clean, sterilize, and disinfect areas and equipment
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Order and receive equipment and merchandise
- Provide staff training and instructions in management capacity
- Perform manicures and pedicures, makeup applications, scalp treatments, and shampoos to clients
- Cut, shape, style, tint, rinse and dye client’s hair according to standard practices
- Ability to apply relaxers to clients with a variety of hair types
- Ability to provide extension and weave services per customer’s request and consultation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Professional Development Course, Best Practices in Hair Extension and Weave Techniques, Fall 2001 License of Cosmetology, State of New York